Office of Emergency Management
The Jefferson County Office of Emergency Management’s mission is to provide a comprehensive emergency management program which coordinates people and resources to protect the lives, property and the environment within Jefferson County by using an all hazards approach of preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation for disaster and emergencies.
Arkansas Act 511 of 1973 establishes an Office of Emergency Management organization in each county in Arkansas with staff members being duly authorized as public safety officials. OEM is under the direction and control of the County Judge.
For more information, please call the office at (870) 541-5470. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What we do:
- Maintain the County Emergency Operations Plan and other plans to assist in the response, recovery and mitigation of disasters in Jefferson County.
- Maintain the Emergency Operations Center for activation during incidents.
- Coordinate and provide training, exercises and information on various emergency preparedness programs to public safety agencies, businesses and interested citizens, including CERT training.
- Coordinate resources and act as a liaison between local, state, federal and volunteer agencies.
- Coordinate activities of the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC).
- Provide emergency management support to all cities and towns, all public safety organizations, all business and industry, and every citizen of the County.
- Assist citizens in acquiring assistance after a disaster through state and federal programs.
- Monitor and evaluate alert and notification systems serving the citizens of Jefferson County for proper operation.
- Maintain the assignment of 911 addresses for citizens living in the unincorporated areas of Jefferson County.
- Administer Jefferson County’s Floodplain Management Program and the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program.
- Coordinate the County’s Rural Fire Services Program.
- Assist interested citizens in the preparation of emergency plans for all hazards (businesses, industries, schools, medical facilities, daycares, etc.).
- Provide educational assistance to those interested in the Jefferson County emergency management program through tours, lectures, and presentation.
- Oversee the Emergency Management Performance Grant and various grants provided by the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management and other agencies. Assist communities and individuals in acquiring financial assistance for hazard mitigation through federal grant programs.
Topics of Interest
- Plans, Documents and Forms
- Emergency Operations Center
- Training and Exercises
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Response to Emergencies
- Alert and Notification Capabilities
- 911 Addressing/and Mapping
- Floodplain Management
- Rural Fire Services
- Stormwater Education Program
SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Arkansas Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)