Although the office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm (excluding holidays), someone is on call 24/7/365. If someone calls during non-business hours, the phone lines are connected to the 9-1-1 Dispatcher Center and they will need to ask to speak to the "Coroner on Call" and someone will return their call.
About Chad Kelley, Coroner:
Chad Kelley has strong ties to Pine Bluff/Jefferson County as he is a life-long member of the community and am proud to call it “Home.” He was born in October of 1976 to James R. “Rick” Kelley and Linda K. Tidwell-Kelley. He grew up in the Sulphur Springs Community of Pine Bluff, graduated from Watson Chapel High School in May of 1995 and graduated as an Honor Graduate from Southeast Arkansas College.
He has been associated with the Coroner’s Office since he was 16 years old. For the last ten years, he has worked as your Coroner. Eight years prior to that, he worked for the previous Coroner Holly Watkins-Sperry as her Chief Deputy Coroner/Office Administrator.
Some of his achievements over the last 17 years include:
- Received certificate completing two hour training program in Vital Records Registration for Death Certificates
- Received certificate completing 16 hours in Child Injury Investigation
- Received certificate completing 16 hours in Domestic Related Homicides
- Received certificate completing training on the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program/CSEPP Chemical Awareness
- Received certificate completing “The Medicolegal Death Investigator Training Course” at Saint Louis University School of Medicine sponsored by the Division of Forensic & Environmental Pathology
- Received certificate completing “The Medicolegal Master’s Death Investigator Course” at Saint Louis University School of Medicine sponsored by the Division of Forensic & Environmental Pathology
Some of his community involvement includes:
- Participate with Jefferson Regional Medical Center / University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences – Family Practice Center “Mash” program
- Member of Children’s Advocacy Center Committee
- Member of Arkansas Counties Coroner’s Association
- Member of Democratic Central Committee